Twitter Authentification (maybe) shutdown 9th February 2023
Today, 2nd February, TwitterDev announced Twitter API will be no longer free
Starting February 9, we will no longer support free access to the Twitter API, both v2 and v1.1. A paid basic tier will be available instead
Link to TwitterDev tweet
Right now I don't have pricing, Twitter will normally release it next week, but I'm not excited about giving my credit card.
How blueprintUE is affected?
Login and Registration with button "Continue with Twitter" will (maybe) stop working.
picture of the button for those who don't know where it was
This button is called SSO (Single Sign On) and use a system called OAuth (Open Authentification).
It is quite standard to implement them, but for Twitter it uses the Twitter API v1.1 which will no longer be free.
Okay, but what happens after February 9, 2023?
If your account has only Twitter linked, you will not be able to login again.
So to avoid that problem you need to add a password to your account.
Step By Step: How to keep my account?
- Login with Twitter before 9th February 2023
- Go to your profile
- Click on edit your profile
- Scroll down to find the form for setting your password
- Try to login with your username and password
- If success you are good, otherwise repeat the process
above a little video step by step
- Changelog for 19/02/2023 February 19, 2023
- Twitter Authentification (maybe) shutdown 9th February 2023 February 2, 2023
- blueprintUE theme switcher June 12, 2022
- Add Metasound Support May 24, 2022