by Spoondog @ August 10, 2018
0 0 | 4 Comments
Unreal Engine Version: 4.20
ctrl + a
ctrl + c
ctrl + v
You have to be connected for adding comments
* This is intended to be a function inside an ActorActionUtility (created by going "Add New > Blueprints > Blutility" else it won't work properly). Disable "Call in editor" on this function, then hook this function up to a "Call in editor" Custom event (If you run it via function, there's a bug where you get a popup filled with variables).
* Two local variables to create - TheActors (Actor, Set), FoundActors (Actor, Array).
* This also currently (4.20) suffers from two other blutility bugs where the selection doesn't update properly. It selects the right thing but the property/details window won't show your selected objects until you CTRL+Click twice on another random object to select and deselect it. Also, it will look like the volume itself is selected but it isn't - it will look that way until you select the volume manually and deselect it again.
Also, it's possible to add more options to this, but I wanted to keep it popup-free, For example:
* If you wanted to include/exclude actors only partially in the volume, you could get the corner positions of the actors' bounds and do the sphere test from those corner positions instead of just from the actor position.
* Or you could add an actor type filter
Hey spoondog, can't find the function get all level actors, is this a separate function that you added?
Hi Bremmie, sorry I don't get notified of comments here.
The "get all level actors" node comes with UE4, it's fairly recent. It probably only appears if you're in a blutility (where this is intended to be used anyway). See my first comment for details ^